Sunday 23 October 2011

La Bambouche

One of the things La Bambouche is noted for is their macarons - and considering I just came back from Paris a few months ago, I was dying to try what people called "the best macarons in Toronto". I decided to try the exotic flavours (from the top): Ume & Sake, mint chocolate, pistachio, lavendar, mango green-tea, caramel sea-salt and yuzu. I found the shells of the macarons too hard and some of them were too chewy - I liked that the lavendar didn't taste like potpourri (since I'm not a fan of the flower flavoured macarons) and they were interesting flavours - but I wouldn't be willing to pay $2.75 for a macaron from La Bambouche again since they were overpriced and not very good. I guess nothing can compare to the master --> Pierre Herme's reglisse et violette macaron.

They also had some desserts on display which we thought were intriguing. The desserts were very Japanese - green tea, edamame, tofu, seasame. The top cake is the Symphony of Citrus and the bottom is the Sasha. I found the Sasha interesting with tofu and white chocolate cream (which was yummy) but I wasn't a big fan of the green tea center. The Symphony had a jelly center that popped right out when we sliced into the cake, but the combination of flavours was good. 

Overall: Not the best experience, I don't think I'll be going back there again.



No comments:

Post a Comment