Monday 4 January 2021

Druxy's

Jan 4, 2021 @ 4950 Yonge Street

I was pleasantly surprised to see Druxy's on the list of Ubereats locations with BOGO. I do love their food (sandwiches and salads), so when I was in the Yonge and Sheppard area, I picked up their sandwiches. It said it was in Madison Centre, but it turned out to be closer to the Service Canada side.
 
Roasted Brisket of Beef Sandwich (one was on a regular kaiser bun and the other was an onion bun) $8.45 for two smalls. 
The beef brisket was delicious! Lots of delicious flavour packed into a sliced meat and tasted even better with mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomato - simple and classic and rather sizeable as well. 

Corned Beef Sandwich on white bread $8.45 for two
It looked like ham at first, but it had a thicker texture. For a corned beef sandwich, it wasn't too salty (but still salty as expected) and was spiced pretty well. 

Smoked Meat on Rye bread $8.45 for two
The mustard and smoked meat made this sandwich pretty salty and it was the saltiest out of all the sandwiches. I did like the rye bread (super tasty). 

Overall: Pretty yummy sandwiches and they're a steal for $4.22 each through Ubereats for a limited time! The best was definitely the beef brisket though. 

Jan 14, 2012 @ College Park
We were having a discussion about what to eat for lunch, when my coworker brought up her favourite lunch place to eat for lunch: Druxy's. I was slightly puzzled by this as I've tried their roast beef sandwiches for lunch before, but I just didn't think they compared to Fast Fresh Food sandwiches (http://www.fastfreshfoods.ca/). Instead, she told me she loved the salads at Druxy's and she raved about how cheap and filling they were. 
I have to say, I'm not a salad person and I really didn't believe her when she said that a salad would be a filling lunch - so she came up with the "salad challenge" for lunch. We would go to Druxy's to get salads to determine whether a salad could fill me up for lunch.

We got the small salads and loaded them up with a whole bunch of unlimited toppings from the salad station. I decided to make my salad a protein-less salad and just load up on toppings to see if they could fill me up. So for $6.78 including tax, I got this:
I literally went down the rows of toppings and selected all that I liked: broccoli, carrots, celery, peppers, red cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes,  avocado, baby corn, sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomato, crispy noodles, parmesan cheese and tossed with roasted red pepper and garlic dressing. 
Fantastic salad! Even though it was a small size, it was still very filling with all the fresh toppings and protein. Definitely great value here!

No comments:

Post a Comment