Saturday 21 January 2012

SongCook's Authentic Korean Restaurant

My second time at SongCook's - and this time was a disappointment because I felt that the food didn't live up to my original standards.
We ordered the Pork Bone Soup again (in the black bowl) and it was very different from the last time I went here. This soup was much spicier and it detracted from the actual taste for the soup (at least it was the case for me since I can't eat spicy food at all). Last time, the broth was a lot more clear and well-seasoned. 

We also decided to try a few new things and the other item in the picture is KalbiJjim which is beef short ribs. The kalbijjim was really well done - the meat was tender and succulent and it made you really want to clean off meat on the ribs. The only downside was the fact they were drowning in the sauce (broth?). There was enough flavour in the dish and a little hint of spice which suited me just fine. I'd really recommend trying the KalbiJjim - it's great!
DuKuk with Seafood
Their own home-made noodles with shrimp, dried shrimp, seaweed and clams. This was ok - the soup was nice, but the pasta was kind of bland and the seafood wasn't that fresh.

One of their dishes that we ate had a ton of MSG in it because when we got home we had to drink a litre of water. That was a huge disappointment because I thought they wouldn't have to resort to using that much MSG in their cooking to bring the flavours out.

Conclusion: We left unhappy and not very satisfied with the food. Although the prices were really reasonable, it just wasn't worth it to us.




No comments:

Post a Comment