Thursday 17 May 2012

Stumptown Coffee Roasters - New York City

Ahhh New York! After listening to "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys non-stop on my Ipod playlist the week before coming down to visit NYC, it was great to be able to see the Empire State Building on my first day. 

Stumptown Coffee Roasters in Manhattan

The coffee shop had a great vibe to it - definitely perfectly suited to be a part of the Ace hotel (the line-up for breakfast was so long that it wrapped around the corner and into the Ace hotel). Everyone behind the counter was wearing fedora which I thought was a great marketing idea because it helped set a 1920s ambiance.

Strawberry donut $4
My first thought was "Yikes! Portion sizes are definitely bigger in the US than in Canada"
This was probably one of the biggest donuts I've ever eaten. There was a lot of dough...probably more aptly named dough-nut. (lol corny joke I know)

Mocha
This was so pretty! I didn't even want to drink it for fear of ruining the pretty pattern. Alas, I needed my caffeine boost, so I took a sip and the taste was very smooth and rich. It was more bitter than mochas I've had in Canada, New Yorkers definitely take their coffee more bitter.

Overall: A pretty cool place for coffee and breakfast - I love the theme and the drinks are nice. There isn't a lot of seating inside, but it is conveniently located next to the Ace Hotel lobby (maybe you can grab a seat there?). 

Stumptown Coffee Roasters on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment