Friday 8 June 2012

Panago @ Bremner

I've had a few people recommend that I try Panago pizza - so my friends and I decided to give it a shot.

The quick fire oven...

Personal Pizza (around $6-7) with 4 slices

Panago Classic
Italian tomato sauce, pepperoni, Canadian ham, red onions, sautéed mushrooms, black olives, green peppers + mozzarella cheese.
The pizza was a perfect lunch portion (and fairly priced for a meal in downtown Toronto). I enjoyed the pizza: there was a good amount of sauce and cheese, the toppings were fresh and even though the crust was thick, there wasn't a lot of crust at the edges (so I didn't have to worry about throwing out the crusts). Overall it was good, but I wouldn't say it was anything exceptional - just a regular pizza. 

Tropical Hawaiian
Sweet + smoky tropical sauce, bacon, Canadian ham, pineapple, mozzarella + cheddar.
Both my friends ordered the Hawaiian (but different types). The tropical Hawaiian had a sweeter sauce base  which was different. I couldn't really taste the bacon or cheddar in the pizza (that or I barely noticed it). 

Deluxe Hawaiian
Italian tomato sauce, extra Canadian ham, twice the pineapple + mozzarella.
This was probably the "normal Hawaiian with the regular sauce and typical Hawaiian pizza toppings. 
I think I liked this one more (although there was more crust around the edges).

Overall: Panago serves regular pizza that isn't as greasy as some other pizza places (*cough* Pizza Hut *cough*). They turn over pizzas pretty fast and they have some great pizza combinations and toppings. I wasn't wow-ed by the pizzas, but they were okay.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete