Sunday 3 June 2012

Wanda's Pie in the Sky

In the lovely Kensington market: 

There's a bakery called:


It's pretty well-known and they offer a ton of pies...

Since I just came from lunch, I decided to grab a Apple Cream Cheese Square. $3.25

It was delicious! The apple slices were tossed with cinnamon sugar in the square.  The cream cheese did a good job holding it together and it added a richer flavour to the square. The only thing I didn't really like was the super crumbly top which made eating it very messy. 

 

Apple Crumble Pie $8.95
It was a crumbly take on a classic apple pie. It was kinda simple and nice - I wasn't super impressed though. 
The texture of the crumbs and the smooth apple filling was nice; However, it was quite messy to eat.

Overall: I thought the pies were okay. They're relatively simple and well-made pies (but nothing spectacular).

Wanda's Pie in the Sky on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment