Sunday, 22 February 2015

Imperial Buffet

It's been a long time since I've been to a Buffet in Toronto. Usually buffets aren't places I would go to eat because they may have a huge variety of things to eat, but I find the quality and standards of the food are not really up to par.  
20150222_124710

20150222_114551
Quite the variety here: sushi, pigs in a blanket, cha siu, mussels, crab salad and a lobster tart
I would say the only things I would go back for was the sushi - but buffet sushi just isn't the same quality as the sushi you would get at a Japanese restaurant. 

20150222_120053
Eggplant, stir-fried beans, tempura, ham, Shanghai fried noodles, snail, lobster bisque
The fried noodles were okay. The rest was not very good. 

20150222_121409
Sausage and Grilled pineapple
The grilled pineapple was really good especially coated with cinnamon on top. 

20150222_122232
Fruits, nanaimo bar, eclair, lime pie, tiramisu and crepe with mango ice cream, whipped cream, strawberry jam, chocolate sauce and syrup
I saved room for dessert and unfortunately, dessert disappointed me too. I liked the mango ice cream and the fruits, but that was about it. 

Overall: The buffet was expensive (for a Sunday lunch) and the food wasn't that great either. I think Imperial Buffet just reminded me of all the things I don't like about buffet restaurants and I probably won't go back again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment