Thursday, 17 March 2016

Starbucks Canada Menu options

March 17, 2016
My Starbucks rewards were adding up faster with my Gold Status.  I earned enough points to get another freebie and my coworker recommended that I try the Zesty Chicken and Black Bean Salad. 
20160317_113108
I still can't believe this retails for about $10 (with tax)
20160916_103544
My tossed salad
I loved the zesty marinara dressing and the quinoa. Quinoa is delicious and it's a filling grain. The chicken was a little harder to pick out from this salad (but I found out that all the tiny chicken pieces fell to the bottom of the salad when I was tossing it).  The salad is on the tinier side (the bigger box is deceiving), but it can fill you up for a while and it's probably the best freebie you can get at Starbucks!

February 18, 2016
When I was purchasing this, a few things crossed my mind: 
1) They're not so good at the savoury items...maybe their pastries will be better
2) What's the biggest pastry I can get so I can fill up faster? 
3) Why is there so much sugar on this? (is this Diabetes waiting to happen?)
20160218_104530
Morning Bun
It's basically a bun with lots of sugar and cinnamon - the Starbucks version of a cinnamon bun  without the icing and without those doughy layers or a honey bun with cinnamon added in (since it was kinda fried). Super sweet - as I expected I guess. 

August 14, 2015
20150814_093245
Breakfast sandwich with double smoked bacon, cheddar and egg
I like the croissant bun, but again - a lot more bread than actual bacon, cheddar and egg.  The proportions are all wrong.  I had the ham, egg and Swiss cheese breakfast sandwich on another day and I liked that one a lot better.

August 7, 2015
Starbucks has been offering food for a while now, but I just haven't really gotten around to trying it even though I've reached Gold Star status for a while now. 
I decided to use my next freebie to check out the BBQ Brisket Sandwich:
20150807_122628
Unfortunately, the sandwich turned out a little sad...there was some beef brisket, but it was more bread than anything else.  I would definitely not pay $7 for this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment