Sunday 27 September 2015

Inca Trail with Alpaca Expeditions (Day 2) - Peru

Here we are starting out bright and early at 6am.
Porridge

Coca tea in the middle
 
Pancakes and toast
 
Fresh fruit skewers! So delicious!


A pretty awesome way to start the day.

Next up: Dead Woman's Pass (the highest point on our journey)
Stunning view of the valley


View from Dead Woman's Pass (it was chilly up here!)

Lunch:

Toast/Bread and Quinoa soup
Amazing! The soup was sooo good!


Potatoes and sauce

Spiced Yuca

Fried Rice

Mixed Veggies

Cucumber, tomato and bean salad

Vegetable and Queso Torta

All the food was really delicious! Unfortunately, something that I ate somewhere along the way on Day 2 didn't sit too well in my stomach (and I had TD the rest of the day and used the Inca Toilet multiple times a day - thank goodness I had such good friends who helped "shield" me).
I had to skip dinner since I had a fever and chills by the time I got to camp - so I took my antibiotics, advil and then passed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment