Monday, 11 April 2016

Maman

April 11, 2016
The last time I went to Maman's I saw the pistachio cake and knew I had to come back and try it (see pistachio obsession).
20160411_182340
Pistachio Cake
I liked the white chocolate icing with pistachios, but the cake was a little strange for me.  It was a pistachio pound cake with a kind of moist inside and slightly charred outside edge (under the icing).
I didn't really like it even though it had the pistachio flavour.

20160411_182302
Lavendar Blueberry Cake
I liked this cake a lot better than the pistachio cake.  The cake was really nice and exactly what I expected from a pound cake and there was this lovely blueberry and vanilla flavour.  The lavendar blueberry icing was really good too.

November 25, 2015
I was meeting up with some friends for lunch in the area and my friend raved about Maman's chocolate chip cookies (which are really popular in the financial district). 
20151125_130209
Cookie to go!
The store is really beautifully designed and they have some delicious lunch and dessert options. I might come back to try that pistachio cake!

20151125_132059
Cookie - $3
It was gooey with melted bittersweet chocolate and huge macadamia nuts, but it was a little salty (which was rather weird).  They might have had an off-day baking the cookies - but it was definitely not worth $3 to me.  I've had better cookies at Monsieur Felix and Mr. Norton and they weren't as expensive either!

No comments:

Post a Comment