Friday 26 February 2016

In Camera Dining Room

I've heard good things about the Legislative Assembly dining room at Queen's Park.  According to the waiters, it can get pretty busy when the house sits and you can even catch members of provincial parliament grabbing a bite here.  I came with some of my coworkers to try it out on a Friday (when the MPPs aren't around).  

The Menu looked amazing!
Maplewood Smoked Ontario Berkshire Pork Chop
They had me at Berkshire Pork - the maplewood smoked part was an extra bonus.  It was so good! The pork was tender and a nice thick cut with tons of flavour and the veggies and mashed potatoes were great compliments to the meal.  This meal was great value for money - pretty reasonably priced, yummy and a huge portion (win!). 

Sticky Toffee Pudding with Ice Cream
I couldn't say no to this - and the sticky toffee pudding was to DIE for! It was moist, decadent, delicious, warm and not super sweet even with the ice cream and caramel sauce. I'm so glad I got this (but I was super full after). 

Overall: Great food, reasonable prices and relatively quick service. I would definitely recommend a visit here if you're in the neighbourhood of Queen's Park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment