Wednesday 18 November 2020

California Sandwiches (York Mills)

Nov 18, 2020 

I feel like all the food delivery/ordering apps have so many promotions! Skip the Dishes and California Sandwiches were partnering to offer $5 veal sandwiches:
Huge breaded veal sandwich with tomato sauce for $5

I also upgraded my sandwich with breaded eggplant for $3.75, which made my total $8.75
The sandwich had lots of veal (which was a little on the tough side today) and eggplant, but both had lots of breading. I would've loved more sauce with it (since I love a good tasty tomato sauce that isn't too sour or too sweet), but it was still delicious tasting and great value for money!

August 26, 2017
Eggplant and Veal Sandwich and Chicken Sandwich

The sandwiches were just as big as the first time! We made sure to get extra sauce on the sandwiches as well. The sandwiches were really good! The extra deep-fried eggplant was delicious on the veal sandwich and the carbs to sauce to meat ratio was great. 

January 21, 2017
I've been eyeing this new California Sandwiches since I tried the downtown location in April 2016
They didn't have everything from the downtown store (like their Tiramisu), but they had their sandwiches: 
Chicken Deluxe and extra breaded eggplant
It came with tomatoes, lettuce and mayo, but no marinara sauce. I think I would definitely prefer it with marinara sauce - but the kaiser bun was great and the chicken and eggplant were as good as I remember from downtown. 

Veal sandwich and breaded eggplant with marinara sauce on the side (hurray for extra sauce!)
I think the extra marinara sauce made it even better! The veal and eggplant were really tender. 

Overall: Delicious sandwiches for reasonable prices considering the sizes of the sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment