Saturday 22 July 2017

Au Pied du Cochon - Montreal

Au Pied du Cochon came pretty highly recommended from a lot of people I spoke to about Montreal, so I was pretty excited to try it. They did warn me that their food is quite a bit heavier with an emphasis on pâtés and foie gras.

 

Carpaccio
This was like a work of art - it looked and tasted so good!

Foie Gras Cromequis $4
I thought these would be bigger, but once I bit into it - it was more than enough. (Any more than this and I'm sure we would've been in comas). The foie gras was so buttery, rich and decadent and it had this great crispy outer crust. Highly recommended (even if you don't really like foie gras).

Shank and Risotto (pied cochon foie $56)
Huge portion and so tasty! Well worth the price tag!

Tuna Tataki
Another piece of art served on a marble platter. It was so yummy.

Foie Gras Poutine and Tuna Tartare
The poutine was really good, but oh so heavy with all the foie gras (which is great if you love it). I just found it a little too rich with gravy and foie gras.

 
Duck in a Can
I was a little puzzled by the plate, until the waiter came back with the can and opened it on top of the plate! Super interesting way to eat it and the duck was really tender and succulent.

Tagliatelle pasta of the day $18
The noodles were really delicious in a slightly heavier cream sauce. I definitely think I prefer the meat dishes though than the pasta - it was a huge portion as well.

Stuffed Pied du Cochon with Foie Gras and pasta
The pig foot was SO GOOD! Crispy skin with gravy on top and served with mashed potatoes to soak in all the sauce at the bottom. The portion size was also gigantic - but it was oh so good! We left the restaurant holding our stomachs and ended up walking back to our hotel instead of taking transit because the meal was so filling. (It was definitely a good night)

No comments:

Post a Comment