Friday 14 July 2017

Mochica

After coming back from Peru, I have a whole new appreciation for Peruvian cuisine. I was really excited to see a Peruvian restaurant in Toronto offering Summerlicious!
*Items in red are what I would order again*

Pisco Sour
A popular Peruvian alcoholic drink


Tiradito
This sashimi plate was really interesting and beautifully plated. The passionfruit was a nice compliment to the fish.


Alpaca Tartare
Alpaca meat with a quail egg, Inka bread and avocado spread. The presentation was really nice!
The alpaca was tasty and nicely seasoned and the Inka bread was great.


Alpaca A La Cuzqueña
Alpaca meat braised in a Peruvian drink with vegetables - this was pretty good. The alpaca meat was yummy and the mushroom sauce was good. 


Panqueque con majarblanco and Mazamorra morada
The panqueque were crepes with dulce de leche and they were really yummy. The Mazamorra morada is an Inca pudding with purple corn and fruits; it wasn't too sweet, but I didn't really like it.

Overall: Really interesting Peruvian food and I was happy I got to eat Alpaca meat again!


No comments:

Post a Comment