Friday 7 July 2017

Union Social Eatery @ St. Clair & Yonge

A new Summerlicious restaurant!
*Items in red are what I would recommend ordering
Good options on this menu!

Roasted Caesar Salad and House Braised Short Rib Firecrackers
The Firecrackers were REALLY good! Crispy and crunchy on the outside and yummy tender short rib on the inside with a side of dipping sauce. It was a great combination. 
The salad was okay - but nothing really special. 

8 oz. Grilled Bavette Steak
The steak was okay, it was cooked to a nice medium rare. The presentation was a little lacking though since it seemed like 1/3 of the plate was empty and there were a few pieces of zucchini, tomatoes and a section of fries. 

Blueberry Chipotle Baby Back Ribs
I wasn't sure about these at first since blueberry sauce on ribs was a little out of the norm for me, but these were really good! The sweetness from the blueberry was nice with the chipotle BBQ sauce and it was a really sizable portion of ribs on top of crispy fries. 

Warm chocolate chunk cookies, Mars bar brownie and blueberry parfait and No bake vanilla oreo cheesecake
I thought I'd like the mars bar brownie and blueberry parfait the most, but it was just a really strange combination. The blueberries and mars brownies didn't seem to go well together and the cup made it awkward to eat - it might have been better plated separately. I also learned I really don't like no-bake cheesecakes - so I won't order that again. The cookies were the best out of the three. 

Overall: Interesting menu - I liked the firecrackers and ribs, but the rest of the dishes were only okay for me. The service was pretty good and the ambiance was cool - if a little loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment