Tuesday 12 September 2017

Primary Taste Yunnan Rice Noodle

I've been seeing a lot of restaurants with 過橋米線 (directly translated as Crossing the Bridge noodles - which are popular in Yunnan province. 

 
Pretty simple ordering sheet

Everything! 
These were all the ingredients going into the noodle soup and you get to play chef to find out which flavours complement each other (I got lazy and threw them all in at once because I was hungry). 
There's a lot of work that goes into all of this - the individual ingredients were tasty on their own and pretty tasty mixed in with the noodles and soup. 

Plain chicken broth and noodles

Overall: Fun experience, but the noodles even with all the ingredients was a little bland. I think I would try another soup base next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment