Sunday 1 October 2017

Cannoli Queens

Given the terrible service at Zafferano, we went somewhere else for dessert. I looked up cannoli and found a shop called Cannoli Queens (which sounds promising!)
Located in a random strip mall off Highway 7, we drove around in circles before we found it.

Pistachio cannoli and a Sicilian Ricotta filled Cannoli
The pistachio cannoli had a fluffy puff pastry shell rather than the typical Sicilian cannoli hard shell. I didn't really like it - I liked the more traditional cannoli hard shell to really get the flavour of the ricotta and any flavourings. The pistachio filling was a light cream that didn't really pack the pistachio punch I was hoping for. The Sicilian cannoli was better than the pistachio one. 

Lemon raspberry biscotti
The biscotti looked really interesting, but it had this half-soft and half-hard texture that I wasn't really used to. I don't eat a lot of biscotti, so maybe this just isn't my thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment