Sunday 26 November 2017

Inspire Restaurant

 My friend highly recommended this Asian Fusion restaurant in Markham.
Duck Confit Frites
Duck confit with fries, mayo and Thai Chilis
The fries were delicious, the duck confit was really tasty and the mayo and slight hint of spice from the Thai chilis tied it together perfectly. I loved how all the components of the dish came together! It was also beautifully presented. 

Korean Steak Bennies $18 and pulled pork fries (+$2)
Strip steak, eggs, garlic toast, tumeric fries and aioli
I was so glad I decided to upgrade my fries to the pulled pork fries after also getting the duck confit fries. The pulled pork fries were really good too, but the duck confit fries were slightly better. The Korean steak bennies were really good - the steak had the flavour of Korean BBQ marinade and the eggs were poached nicely. I also really liked the garlic toast on the bottom - that was a nice touch. 

INSP Loco-Moco
Beef, Coconut rice, shittake, crispy onions and two sunny side eggs
The loco moco was pretty good! It was my first time trying a loco-moco. I wasn't too sure if the pile of crispy onions is usually part of it though - it added great texture to the dish. 
Chicken & Waffle
Crispy chicken, waffles, maple butter and berries
This was probably the least Asian fusion dish of the brunch dishes we got. It was tasty, but I didn't think it was anything really special. 
Overall: Great place for brunch! It's totally changed my mind about Asian fusion - I'm really impressed by Inspire Restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment