Monday 13 November 2017

Olive Garden - Buffalo

All of the Olive Gardens in Ontario have closed, but I used to hear about their cheap pasta lunch specials and all you can eat breadsticks and salad. I finally got to try it in Buffalo!
The breadsticks weren't very good and the salad was okay. (The salad was an extra $1.50)
I don't really like olives, so by the end of the shared bowl, we had a lot of olives remaining. 

Chicken gnocchi soup
It was really thick and chunky with gloops of soup. I think my first bowl was the last dregs of their soup, the next soup bowl was a little better, but it was still super thick and kind of flavourless. 

Grilled Chicken plate (Quesadilla) and Meatball Sandwich $6.99
The grilled chicken plate was really disappointing - I thought we'd get more food than just four tiny quesadilla. At least it was tasty? I couldn't believe they used the breadstick to make the meatball sandwich. 

Overall: I was super disappointed with the Olive Garden, the food was not really satisfying or particularly tasty. However, there were so many people eating here? I'm confused - did I get the wrong menu or something? How is it so popular? I think East Side Mario's is so much better (which makes sense that Olive Garden moved out of Canada).

No comments:

Post a Comment