Sunday 12 November 2017

Pistachio Ice Cream in USA

Nov 12, 2017 - Buffalo: Häagen-Dazs 

I love pistachio desserts! (I have a ton of blog entries to back it up too). 
Randomly, before my trip, I decided to look into Halo Top ice cream and I found that they had pistachio ice cream in the US! So, when we made a trip to Walmart, I went down their ice cream aisle to take a look.

I was so surprised the US had so many varieties of pistachio ice cream!!! Then I got upset, because all these pistachio ice creams were literally a 2 hour drive away from Toronto, but we don't get them because we're in Canada.  
I ended up buying the Häagen-Dazs pistachio because I was most surprised by it on the shelf in the US.

I had pretty high expectations for a Häagen-Dazs pistachio since they're known for high-end tasty and creamy ice cream. I tried it, and I was disappointed - it tasted like it was more vanilla ice cream with tiny bits of pistachio in it than actual pistachio flavoured ice cream. The pistachio flavour was super light (it tasted mostly of vanilla) and the pistachio chunks were rather few. I understand that pistachios are one of the most expensive nuts in the world, but this tub of ice cream was unsatisfying for my pistachio dessert craving. 

1 comment:

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. ទិដ្ឋាការអាមេរិក ESTA

    ReplyDelete