Wednesday 22 October 2014

Roll Play Cafe


Oct 22, 2014

I always mean to get food here, but for some reason it never works out that way. Instead, I order a new type of cake each time. Luckily, the cakes have improved and even better, they're cakes from the Cheesecake Factory!!!! I think they finally got it right (although I wouldn't mind having another slice of the Marble Galaxy Cake because that was really unique and so yummy).

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Amazing! Super moist cheesecake and a nice dense chocolate crust with fluffy icing on top. 
What better way to spend an afternoon than playing Cards Against Humanity and enjoying cheesecake? Now if only they could go back to when they didn't charge cover...then life would be perfect.

August 29, 2014
The game collection is growing! They have a lot more games than when they first started in September 2013. I've been away from the Yonge & Dundas area, so I haven't had the chance to visit as frequently as I would have liked. Unfortunately, while I was gone, the pricing structure changed - now it's $5 for a visit to play the board games following the Snakes and Lattes format but without the wide selection of games and knowledgeable people to teach your group.

Red Velvet Cheesecake
The cake quality also got worse...I didn't enjoy this $7 sliver of cake at all. It was expensive and not particularly tasty with bland red velvet cake chunks in random places in the cheesecake. I'm hoping this is an experimental phase and that the next time I come back it'll be better.

October 28, 2013

I was super excited to see that a board game cafe opened up right behind the Atrium on Bay/Yonge & Dundas Square on Edward Street above the BMV books. My coworkers and I love board games, so this location is perfect for us to drop by, grab some lunch or snacks and play a solid hour of board games. The best part is that it's free to play all the games you want, you just have to buy something. 
They had a pretty simple menu with cakes, pizzas and drinks.
Marble Galaxy Cake
Knowing my sweet tooth, of course I got cake. 
The cake was delicious and it was such a big slice too! It had a marshmallow layer, vanilla layer and chocolate layer of cake with a chocolate marshmallow swirl icing. Delicious and quite possibly home made. The board game selection wasn't extensive, but you could see that they were slowly building their collection. I'll probably be back soon to see what other new games and treats they'll have next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment