Saturday 4 October 2014

Xiao Long Bao

We got a coupon for $5 off our meal after eating at the Markham Din Tai Fung (not to be associated with the Michelin Star Taiwanese Chain, Din Tai Fung). The restaurant was really big, but the tables were very uncomfortable because the tables really tall and chairs were much shorter. I found the height difference really awkward when eating since I couldn't even rest my arms or elbows on the table and I'm about 5'5.
  
Braised Beef Noodle Soup
I love spicy braised beef noodle soup, but this one was lacking the spiciness to make the noodles and broth taste better. The braised beef was really tender and delicious - it's just too bad it was missing more seasoning and spice, otherwise it would have been really good.
Shanghai Fried Noodles
This fried noodle dish also missed the mark with the seasoning; if they had just a bit more flavour then it would be much better. As it was, we decided to take this home and cook it again so that it wouldn't be as bland.
Fried Mantou and Shanghai Fried Noodles
I would have liked it better if the fried mantou was crispier instead of chewy and if they had more condensed milk to dip it with.
Xiaolongbao
The Xiaolongbao passed the stem test, but failed in flavour and soup.
Overall: It felt like everything was missing just a little bit of seasoning and flavour. I didn't really enjoy my experience since it was so uncomfortable sitting at the tables, it was a little on the expensive side and the service was a little slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment