Thursday 8 January 2015

Mexican Amigos

Mexican Amigos opened earlier last year in the Galleria mall between Leslie and Don Mills on York Mills Road. 

And we came on a very snowy day

Chips and salsa to start

Carranza s platillo combinado (combo platter for two)
There were 2 mini chicken burritos at the top, 4 cheese quesadillas, 2 beef tacos and 2 chicken enchiladas and we got rice and refried beans on the side. 
I wasn't really a fan of the rice or refried beans - oh well. 

I really like the sampler option! As a food blogger, I always want to try everything on the menu (but of course, my stomach always protests), so this was a great introduction to Mexican Amigos' offerings. 
The burritos were good and I liked that they baked it with cheese and topped it with a fresh slaw. The cheese quesadillas were very cheese and great with the hot sauce. The hot sauces were really good too - we liked experimenting with the jalapeno hot sauce and the habanero (?) hot sauce. The tacos were okay, but I would say the enchiladas were my favourite on the plate - they were drenched in sauce and baked with cheese on top and inside. Yum. 

Overall: I thought they did decent Mexican food and the service was quick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment