Saturday 21 March 2015

BB Cafe

With my more recent obsession with Persian food and add that with my fascination with desserts, it was really a matter of time before I started looking for places that would serve Persian sweets.
We happened to be in the Thornhill area and so we went to BB Cafe for lunch and sweets.

Pot of Tea and Pistachio Milkshake
 If you've been following my blog, you probably know I absolutely LOVE pistachio things.  So when I'm offered anything pistachio related - I will always get that option.  Part of the reason why I think I could become addicted to Persian desserts is because they put pistachio in everything.  The milkshake was rather creamy with tiny chunks of ground pistachios in it and it was topped with a whipped cream and sprinkled with pistachios - so it really was made for the pistachio fanatics. I liked it, but I felt that it was too heavy on the cream and didn't really have that amazingly sweet pistachio flavour I was looking for. (It could have done with a little more sugar and a little less cream).

Chicken panini and salad
The panini was great! Perfectly seasoned and juicy grilled chicken breast with some mixed greens, roasted peppers and tomatoes on a focaccia bun.
The salad was tangy from the balsamic and the tomatoes were ripe and sweet which made the salad quite nice.


Croque Madame and Salad
It looked a little sad on the plate...the salad was really good at least.


Pistachio Napoleon and Saffron Pistachio ice cream
Also a little heavier and creamier than I would have liked my dessert and there was some crushed pistachios on top of the dessert but not as much inside the dessert. The pastry was flaky and had a nice light touch.  The saffron pistachio ice cream was really cool! It was aromatic and really quite different from your typical ice cream.  The saffron flavour was a lot heavier than the pistachio.

Overall: Good desserts at BB Cafe - lots of pistachio varieties! The food was pretty good too and reasonably priced. The service was a little slow though, but it was difficult for the waitresses to have to deal with two floors of customers - so it was a little understandable.

BB Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment