Wednesday 25 March 2015

Fernando's Hideaway

I still remember back in the day when Hernando's Hideaway was the best Mexican place in the city and my mom used to take me downtown on Sundays to eat their half priced nachos and other delicious Mexican food.  It used to be south of Wellesley on Yonge in the basement of an office building (and I believe it was under the LCBO). More recently, it moved to 591 Yonge and still serves the same Tex-Mex Food. 


Salsa and Chips
I must say that I was kind of disappointed by this. The flavours of the salsa were there, but since it was so watery it got a little washed away.  Also, it was a pretty small portion for two. 

Enchilada and Burrito combo $16.99
One chicken enchilada, one cheese enchilada and one beef burrito
I definitely don't remember this from my earlier memories.  The burrito was large, but the enchiladas were quite tiny. It was nice that there was so much sauce, but I felt like they were covering up the burrito and enchiladas rather than enhancing the food. In a way, I kind of wondered about this because we could have walked down to Burrito Bandidos and had two burritos.  This seemed a little pricey and not as satisfying. 

Overall: the whole meal didn't really stand out to me and I don't think I'll be back considering the pricing and the quality of the food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment