Saturday 28 November 2015

Sprucewood Handmade Cookie Co. - Warkworth, ON

I felt like I discovered Sprucewood Handmade Cookie Co. last year when I went to the Season's Christmas Show.  And I was a little disappointed when I went to the Christmas show this year and didn't see them exhibiting.  So on my next trip to Kingston, we detoured to Warkworth to see if we could grab some cookies!
They have the cutest storefront and inside they had a ton of samples for us to try out all the flavours and figure out which ones to buy. 

They had the same deal as the shows: $20 for 4 boxes of cookies (here are some of the flavours we got - we actually bought 8 boxes)
Raspberry, Ginger, Chocolate Chip, Lemon Zest and Classic
First of all: their shortbread cookies are the best I've ever had! I like a nice firm and not too crumbly cookie packed with flavour and boy, do they ever deliver!  Personally, I prefer the sweet cookies over the savoury cookies like cheddar or rosemary and I'm a huge fan of the seasonal cookies like raspberry and apricot. They have this great way of combining the flavours with their delicious bite sized cookies without compromising their cookie texture (which is that perfect firmness, but crumbly when you bite into it). 
My favourites are the chocolate chip and classic, however, I wanted to mix up my cookie boxes with some other flavours.  Based on my taste test, I decided to grab the lemon zest which had a nice sweet lemon profile and ginger because it's interesting and unique. 

Overall: I would highly recommend a detour here for their delicious shortbread cookies in Warkworth, or you can catch them at a Trade Show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment