Monday 28 March 2016

Amadeus Restaurant - Kingston (ON)

We wanted to try Michael Smith's new burger place: the Canadian Grilling Company on campus at Queen's University, but unfortunately, it was closed.  So instead, we yelped some nearby restaurants and I found Amadeus Restaurant for schnitzel.



Daily Soup

German Salad

Milaner Schnitzel
Chicken schnitzel with tomato sauce and swiss cheese on top and roast potatoes on the side.
The schnitzel was good, but the tomato sauce and cheese kind of felt like a strange combination to have with the schnitzel.


Hungarian Goulasch with spatzle
After learning how simple and easy it is to make spatzle at George Brown, I found it really interesting when we had spatzle here - and it worked really well with the goulash wine sauce which was rich and heavy.


Chicken Schnitzel
This was a little plain and boring by itself (it almost made me want the tomato sauce so that eating the schnitzel wouldn't be as dry).  I know German food is usually paired with a beer, but I didn't want to indulge at lunch.  Overall, it was a decent schnitzel, but I think having a side with a sauce or potato salad would have been better than the roasted potatoes in this case (especially since I wasn't drinking).


No comments:

Post a Comment