Thursday 19 May 2016

Wilbur Mexicana

I've definitely been feeling the pinch lately, so when my friends wanted to go out for dinner and catch up after our recent vacations - I asked them to pick a place a little easier on the wallet.  My friend suggested tacos at Wilbur which are under $5 and I jumped on board. 
Top: Chicken Tinga, Baja Fish and Carne Asada tacos and chips
The chicken tinga came with a crispy corn tortilla, guacamole and cotija cheese; the baja fish had a corn tortilla with beer battered mahi mahi, cabbage, pico de gallo and chipotle crema and the carne asada had a flour tortilla with pico de gallo, crispy onions and queso fundido. 
The tacos were good! I would have preferred the fish to be a little crispier in their batter, but the carne asada was good and chicken tinga was distinctive, different and had a bit of heat.  I also really liked the selection of sauces on the side. 

Overall: Fun place to grab a quick bite to eat, but it can definitely get quite busy and hard to grab a table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment