Sunday 12 November 2017

Charlie the Butcher - Buffalo

A lot of Torontoians come down to Buffalo, NY for outlet shopping since outlets are so much cheaper in the US than in Canada - so we went on a 3 hour road trip to Buffalo!

Once we crossed the border, we headed straight to Charlie the Butcher for their famous Beef on Weck.
 The Original Location
Very cute diner style place

Beef on Weck $6.99 and Pulled Pork Sandwich $6.49
The buns were really interesting with the kosher salt and some sprinkled caraway seeds on top - it was also really salty. The beef was rare and there was some horseradish already in it (which surprised my taste buds since I didn't expect it). I think it was an interesting roast beef sandwich, but nowhere near the best roast beef sandwich I've had and it wouldn't be something I'd come back to Buffalo for. The pulled pork was slightly better (mostly because it wasn't as salty), but it was still kind of boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment