Saturday 18 November 2017

Galleria Supermarket @ Thornhill

I'm a huge fan of the Galleria Supermarket chain. When I saw the flyer advertising a pork bone soup, fried pork and jajangmyun special at the Thornhill location, I went to go check it out. 
The Galleria is set up differently from the York Mills location - they have a proper food court with food stalls: 
We had no idea where the specials were until we looked at all the menus for all the stalls (because the flyer didn't mention which stall). 

Jajangmyun and the fried pork special
I was really confused by the large container of sauce (is this for dipping? this seems like it's too much to pour over the pork?) and it wasn't very good. The pork was really stringy too and it was mostly batter rather than pork. The jajangmyun was mediocre - not as good as the other store. 

  
Pork Bone Soup
They have more side dishes and they have purple rice! Other than that, I found that this pork bone soup was super watery and they over-seasoned it with the powder spices rather than building it into the soup. There was a lot of pork bone and meat, but it just didn't taste as yummy. The pickled radishes were also not very good. 

Overall: I'm disappointed by the Korean food at the Thornhill location - I'll stick to the York Mills location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment