Thursday 29 March 2012

The 3 Brewers Restaurant Micro-Brewery

Don't be deceived by the exterior! Looks are totally deceiving with the 3 Brewers

This place is HUGE - there's 3 floors inside! To get to the washroom, you have to go up 4 flights of stairs and then back down a flight and head straight pass the bar to the back. 

The lunch specials are a good deal: You get soup or salad with your meal in addition to one of the main courses.

Beef Barley soup
 I guess I was expecting something similar to Pickle Barrel's thick and filling beef barley soup because I was disappointed with this soup. I found it very watery and even having an ton of vegetables didn't save the quality of the soup.

T.O. Flammekeuche
 Sliced steak, mushrooms, onions and cheddar cheese
When I was served this, my first thought was "Wow! There's a lot of steak and cheese - I hope I can finish this because it's HUGE". It actually turned out kind of well though; the meal wasn't too heavy because it had a very thin crust (I was concerned I wasn't going to be able to finish the dish, but I managed to eat 3/4 of the Flamme) and there wasn't a lot of sauce (so it wasn't too messy). I liked it! It was new and different and kind of fun to eat (you don't feel so guilty finishing all of it because it has a really thin crust).

Conclusion: Their main selling point is that they're a micro-brewery as well as a restaurant. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try out of one their brews, so that might warrant a return trip to try one of their in-house brews. Overall, I thought the food was decent and service was pretty fast - definitely an interesting place!

Website: http://les3brasseurs.ca/eng/index.php

The 3 Brewers Restaurant Micro-Brewery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment