Thursday, 27 December 2012

Big Fat Burrito

It's been a while since I've craved a burrito (the last time being at Burrito Bandidos). I decided to give another burrito place a try and made my way to Big Fat Burrito after seeing the positive reviews on Blogto.
IMAG1942

IMAG1951
Ouch - is it just me or did burritos get expensive?

IMAG1944
Steak Burrito
IMAG1949
First up, I wasn't impressed by the size...I might have had higher expectations from the Blogto post. However, I found that this burrito wasn't particularly big or fat (the wrapper is kind of deceiving). I thought Burrito Bandidos or even Chipotle did a better job stuffing their burritos than Big Fat Burrito. They do give you all the toppings for free: refried beans, Mexican rice, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Salsa, Guacamole, Green pepper and burrito sauce (jalapenos and hot sauce if you like spicy). If you're paying almost $9 and expecting a full meal - this might not be the place. There wasn't a lot of steak in the burrito either; it seemed like there was a lot of rice and beans which made the burrito super bland (not enough sauce either).
IMAG1945
I thought it was nice that they had a pulled pork option.
IMAG1948
I barely saw the pork and I didn't really get the flavour from it. This one had more tortilla in it than anything else.

IMAG1946
Yam burrito
IMAG1950
Definitely got the smushy yam in this burrito (finally a recognizable stuffing!) but still bland tasting.

Overall: I wasn't impressed - these definitely did not live up to the "Big Fat Burrito" name, rather they were small sized, expensive and bland burritos. I'd much rather go to Burrito Bandidos.

Big Fat Burrito on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment