Wednesday 5 March 2014

The French Baker - Ottawa

I love that Ottawa is so close to the Quebec and there's a lot of spillover of the French culture (and food!) in the area. So, I was really looking forward to breakfast...mmm French pastries and baked goods Yum!

I liked Benny's Bistro so much the last time I was here, that I came back to try the bakery side: The French Baker.


Pain au Chocolat
A nice flaky pastry with the chocolate baked inside. It was nice, but not as filling or delicious as I hoped.


Poire Chocolat Tarte (Chocolate pear tart)
OMG! This was amazing! It was so decadent and delicious. The chocolate was rich and creamy, paired with the juicy wine-poached pears and baked in a chocolate tart shell - heavenly!

Overall: Really delicious desserts at The French Baker! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment