Monday 22 September 2014

Bacchanal Buffet @ Caesar's Palace - Las Vegas

 
Mirage and Venetian Hotels

Inside Caesar's Palace
One of the best things to do in Vegas is eat at the buffets. I've heard so many good things about the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar's Palace, so I was really excited to try it out on a Monday when there wasn't a whole lot of people or line ups.
It's still pretty pricey at $35.99 for lunch, but hopefully it'll be well worth it.
Round 1: Seafood
They seemed to have everything! Paella, crab legs, clam chowder, mussels, crayfish, oysters, fish of the day
Most of the food was flavourful, but maybe not the freshest since it was sitting out waiting for people to come and take it. I thought the oyster bar was really nice!

Round 2: Meats

Roast beef, ribs, sliders with wagyu beef, Tacos with pork carnitas or chicken or beef, chicken and waffles and Alaskan King Crab legs
Hmm...my photography skills are a little lacking in this photo - maybe it was my impatience to eat? LOL.
In any case, the Wagyu Beef sliders were really good as were the tacos with fresh guacamole, sour cream and cheese. The Alaskan King Crab legs were also really good especially with butter - very meaty. The chicken and waffles and ribs were a little dry.

Round 3:  Miscellaneous

Rack of lamb, bao, fusilli pasta with spinach in a cream sauce,  unagi sushi and salmon sushi and nachos
The lamb was okay - a little dry again from sitting and waiting under the heat lamp. The unagi sushi was okay since it was already cooked, but I probably should have left the salmon sushi there. I liked the carnitas nachos and the guacamole.

Round 4: Dessert!

Pistachio gelato on the left, assortment of cakes, tarts, mousse, whoopee pie, crème brulee, macarons, strawberry dipped in chocolate and vanilla cupcake
If you know me, then you know I have a huge sweet tooth. I had to save space especially since Caesar's Buffet is known for their desserts!
The pistachio gelato was probably better in concept than in execution - I got a hint of pistachio, but mostly cream.
I liked the fruit tarts the most! The chocolate mousse underneath the fruits was rich, creamy and so decadent. We all liked the pandan mouse cake square at the top - pandan is pretty light in itself, but they made it really well. The crème brulee fell a little flat, and they didn't torch it in front of us. The pistachio and vanilla macarons weren't that good either - they had crumbly feet and were really dense. I wasn't super impressed by the desserts, but there was a lot of choices.
Overall: Lots of variety at Caesar's Bacchanal Buffet and I like that the portion sizes were tiny and quickly replenished so that you could try more. Unfortunately, we went for a late lunch on a Monday which meant that while we could eat rather slowly without being rushed, the food was also sitting around longer since there was less people to constantly turnover the food.  We found the food was okay and there was definitely something for everyone, but it was pricey. I decided that buffets just aren't for me (unless they're AYCE sushi), but at least I tried a famous Vegas Buffet.

Bacchanal Buffet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment