Saturday 13 December 2014

Ladan Pastry & Bakery

Ever since I've been fully introduced to little Persia in Toronto and Persian food, I've been eyeing their cookies and looking for an opportunity to understand them so I can finally try them. So I was really excited when I saw this article in the Toronto Star about Persian cookies. 

Persian cookies
The swirly ones are Beheshti - the yellow ones are saffron pistachio and the white is vanilla. It's a soft cookie that crumbles pretty quickly but leaves a lingering taste in your mouth. The other cookies had jam in the middle and the solid block one was a chickpea cookie. 

Overall: I got the impression that Persian cookies are delicate and crumbly and not very sweet. They have interesting flavour combinations too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment