Sunday 25 November 2018

Dong Kee Chinese Restaurant

Nov 25, 2018
Beef and Kai-lan

Steamed Chinese Okra and vermicelli 
It's so good, we had to come back again.

Lamb stew
It has that strong gamey lamb taste - so if you don't like the strong flavour, beware!
I like lamb, so I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Fish

Fried Rice

Fukien fried rice
I liked the fried rice with sauce better - it just makes the dish not as dry and adds a great flavour. 

Sept 30, 2018
Dong Kee Chinese restaurant has been in Scarborough for a really long time (and yet for some reason I haven't tried it until now). The restaurant only opens after 4pm, but it gets really busy fast. 
Crispy Chicken
The skin was really crispy and the flakes/crumbs on top helped add to the texture. The chicken was juicy and tender.

Pork belly and lotus root with fermented tofu
I was really skeptical about this dish especially when I saw that the word "fermented" (which brings back memories of shark and natto beans). Surprisingly, this ended up being one of my favourite dishes of the night. Something about the slightly sour and tangy taste with the pork belly and sweet lotus root worked really well. 

Steamed Chinese okra with vermicelli
 I usually don't eat Chinese okra - so this was a bit of a new experience for me with steamed okra and garlic and vermicelli. It was really good, I would definitely get this again. 

Salt and pepper pork chops
This dish was good, but it didn't really wow me like the other dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment