Saturday 15 August 2020

Les Chateaux Bakery

August 15, 2020

I've been noticing a lot of these almond cookies lately and I saw that Les Chateaux red bean almond cookies which seemed interesting - it was also strange that they were more black in colour than red (we asked for help from an employee to identify the flavours of almond cookies.
Red bean almond cookies $6.75 and one cookie crust egg tart and one flaky crust egg tart ($3.55 for 2)
The red bean almond cookies were quite firm with good texture. They were very solid with almond slivers throughout the main section of the cookie and also had crumbly edges which was nice. I found that flavour wise, they didn't really taste like almond or red bean which was odd. 

The other items I bought were egg tarts since this used to be my favourite egg tart shop. The egg tarts were sweet and had good egg flavour, but the cookie crust wasn't great since it was really loose and crumbly and I prefer a firm solid cookie crust.
 
March 15, 2020

Egg Tarts: 3 with cookie crust and 3 with flaky crust
The cookie crust (which is my favourite) has gotten a lot better, but I think it'd taste even better if it was baked longer to be more firm. The egg custard is really yummy here! 

Feb 22, 2014
Hidden inside the New Kennedy Square Mall at Highway 7 and Kennedy is Les Chateaux Bakery:

The egg tarts come in two kinds of crust: cookie crust and flaky crust.
I love egg tarts, and I was spoiled last year in Hong Kong.
Sadly, these were nothing close to the delicious egg tarts I had before. However, I will say that Les Chateaux Bakery is probably one of the better egg tart places in the GTA. The egg custard is relatively firm, but the quality of the crust just isn't consistent. Oh well, the search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment