Sunday 2 August 2020

Hattendo

Hattendo opened a location in the food court of Yorkdale Mall, so I made a quick stop by when I was running errands (and I also did a quick check to see if Chick-Fil-A was open - they weren't)
Honeydew cream bun, Amaou Strawberry Cream Bun and Red Bean (Azuki) cream bun $3.69
The bun was soft milky bun with a fluffy interior. I liked the classic pairing of red bean with the bun since the saltiness of the bun stood out in contrast with the sweet red bean filling. The red bean was slightly sweet but not overpowering like the honeydew or strawberry. I think this was the best pairing of the buns we tried (which explains why it's also so classic).

Honeydew Cream Bun $4.19
The honeydew filling was sweet and did taste like honeydew, but it also tasted a bit too artificial for me.

Amaou Strawberry Cream bun $4.50
The strawberry yogurt filling was sweet but not too sweet, but it felt heavier than the other two buns. 

Overall: Nice Japanese snacks and these buns are something not too sweet and can be filling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment