Sunday 2 August 2020

Narin Pastry

I saw that there was a Turkish baklava place near Wilson Haus of Lechon, so I thought I'd try it out to compare it with other baklava I've eaten. 

Turkish Baklava
Narin's baklava was had much more nuts than others I've tried; the pastry was quite flaky and there were more textures than just flaky pastry and nuts. In terms of flavour, Narin's baklava were more subtle in flavour with a lighter honey compared to the syrupy Serano's baklava
The roll in the top left corner had a grainy texture inside which was kind of unexpected but really nice!
I loved all the pistachios in the desserts - they were really well done. The cashew baklava was unexpected since I thought it was walnut, but it was a pleasant surprise. 

Cookies
The cookie with pistachios at the corners and jam in the middle was okay - it was a little on the dry side, but had okay flavour since the jam was slightly sweet. 
We got a sample of their salty cookies to try: the twisty cookie was surprisingly salty (I didn't really like it as much). However, the sesame cookie was pretty good and it was pretty buttery. The circle cookie was kind of powdery and disintegrated on your tongue (kind of like Persian chickpea cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment