Monday 25 May 2020

Serano Bakery

May 25, 2020
A small assortment of my favourite baklava at Serano! 
$11.48 total for all the baklava

Apr 21, 2020
I group my Serano baklava trips with Souv Like since they're both on Pape. So I get delicious gyros and dessert in one go!
Pistachio mini baklava, crushed walnut, 2 almond cream, bueno baklava, walnut squares, almond squares and spiral baklava $14.84 (by weight)
I love their pistachio baklava (because the pistachio buttercream is amazing!) and the bueno baklava with hazelnut and chocolate is really good too. My other favourites are the square walnut baklava and spirals - it's the perfect balance of sweetness from the honey/syrup, crunchy nuts and crispy pastry. 

Apr 2, 2020
I called ahead to see if Serano Bakery was still open during the COVID-19 Pandemic and they were! Excellent! I have cake and baklava options now! Hurray!
Clockwise from left: Melomakarono cheesecake, Nougatina large cake, Strawberry shortcake large cake, Tiramisu large cake, mango mousse small cake and black forest small cake
Large cake slices $2.60 each and small cake slices $1.50
Of the small and large cake slices, my favourite was the strawberry shortcake. The other cakes had too much cream in them for my liking and I felt like the flavours were a little off in the mango mousse and the tiramisu. 

Melomakarono Cheesecake $5.50
According to BlogTo, this is one of the best cheesecake slices in the city - so I had to try it out of course! Melomakarono is a Greek Christmas cookie made with honey. I've tried it at other places before and I wasn't a huge fan, but for some reason it works really well with this cheesecake! The cheesecake initially has a strong nutmeg flavour, but then as you keep eating it's not as strong with the cheesecake and the crust of the cheesecake really standing out. It's a really good cake and I would definitely recommend it. 

Assorted baklava: almond baklava triangles, walnut baklava squares, spiral baklava
These are some of my favourite baklavas at Serano - I find they do really AMAZING walnut baklava and I love their squares with crushed walnuts inside. I also really like the mini baklava circles (especially the pistachio cream baklava). The morning/early afternoon selection was okay, but the staff behind the counter said that they would have more baklava selection later in the day. Next time, I'll make a later trip. 

Aug 26, 2019

Black Forest Cake $2.60
It was super cheap to get a slice of cake here and the cake was pretty good too! The Black Forest Cake is pretty popular here. 

Assorted Baklava
I loved the pistachio baklava with the buttercream and they had a Bueno baklava today! I also tried the kataifi and realized I don't really like the stringy texture of the pastry. I like the spiral baklava and the ones with densely packed nuts. 

June 24, 2019
Yummy baklava! 

Assorted baklava
My favourites were the walnut baklava. Serano makes the best walnut baklava I've ever had. The almond and pistachio baklava circles are really good too. 


May 11, 2019
Pistachio cake and Hazelnut cake
The pistachio cake didn't have a lot of pistachio flavour. The hazelnut cake was slightly better. 

Pistachio, walnut, almond and apricot baklava
OMG! Their baklavas are REALLY GOOD! Everything was delicious! Super crisp and flaky pastry made with honey (so it wasn't super sweet) and packed with tons of nuts to get the perfect flavour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment