Thursday 14 May 2020

Goûter

Goûter is open during the COVID pandemic for takeout and delivery through UberEats. 
I emailed my order two days in advance of pick-up and called to confirm my order and hold it with my credit card.
2 Raspberry tarts ($6 each), 2 Pistachio chocolate cakes ($5.75 each), Mango coconut vanilla cake ($5.75), Hazelnut creme brûlée cake ($5.75)

The raspberry tarts with vanilla cream had good flavour, but the cream was a little on the runny side.  I also preferred the tart shells at Rahier as they were firmer and harder (just my preference).


Pistachio cake
The cake had more chocolate flavour than pistachio and I barely tasted the pistachios except for the occasional pistachio nut.  

Mango coconut vanilla cake and Hazelnut cake
The mango coconut vanilla cake was really pretty and it was a nice tropical flavour cake with lots of coconut. The hazelnut cake was my favourite cake out of the four with lots of hazelnut flavour and delicious creamy mousse. I also really enjoyed the cookies on the side.

 
Raspberry croissant ($3.75) and Banana nut Cruffin ($5.50)
The raspberry jam was pretty strong in the croissant and it had a nice flaky crust outside. The cruffin (croissant dough baked in a muffin tin) was pretty interesting with a gooey yummy banana nut filling inside.

Raisin swirl $3.75
Nice pastry with lots of raisins

Kouign Amann $4
I haven't heard of this pastry before until I saw it on the menu at Goûter. It's a pastry originating from Bretagne meaning "butter bread" which explains why it had a nice crispy and slightly salty exterior with a delicious sweet and soft center. I thought it was interesting, but I was a little thrown off by the salty and sweet combination. 

Double baked almond croissant and Almond chocolate croissant ($4 each)
The double baked croissant was really yummy with a nice crispy outside and filled with delicious almond paste inside. The almond chocolate croissant had a different almond paste (maybe marzipan?) and chocolate inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment