Wednesday 20 May 2020

The Rolling Pin

I really wanted key lime pie and did a little research online for best key lime pie in Toronto. I've passed by The Rolling Pin before for pie, but I came on the one day they weren't open during the week (Monday). 

With the Covid pandemic, I emailed them to see if they could make a key lime pie for me a day in advance (and they were able to accommodate my order)! When I walked in, they had hand sanitizer and a display behind glass of all of their desserts, so it was easy to pick up a few other treats including their popular donuts. 
Cute packaging!

 
Cookies and Cream donut and Boston cream donut (pipette donuts are $4.95 and regular donuts are $3.95)
Both donuts were amazingly fluffy and airy. I liked the Boston Cream custard filling, but the chocolate glaze suffered a little with the heat wave and melted quite a bit. The cookies and cream donut was yummy, but I wasn't a big fan of the whipped cream. I would definitely get their donuts again. 

Cookies and Cream and Carrot cupcake ($3.95 each)
The cake part of the cupcakes were pretty dry, but they did pair well with the icing. I liked the carrot cream cheese icing combination, but the cookies and cream combination was too sweet for me (the icing was super sweet). 

Key Lime Pie (9 inches $25)
The pie was nice and tart with lots of citrus flavour. I loved the graham crust, but I could do without their whipped cream. 



No comments:

Post a Comment