Monday 24 September 2018

The Cheesecake Factory - Las Vegas

Sep 24, 2018
 Checking out the fall art



Very Cherry Ghiradelli Chocolate cheesecake $8.50
It was cherry flavoured (not like the cough syrup though) and pink and yummy!

Sep 20, 2014
I was so exhausted from the drama yesterday that I just passed out at the hotel after watching the Kà Cirque du Soleil show. The next day I was ready to eat my way through Vegas! Starting from The Cheesecake Factory of course. This location was actually the first Cheesecake Factory I've ever been to and it made such an impact on me that I've obsessed about it ever since (and I always make an effort to see if I can include it on any trips I make to the US).

 
It looks so pretty - it's even better than I remember. 

Beer Mugs of Water and bread basket
Southern Fried Chicken Sliders and Crispy Crab Bites
I seriously love American portions; we paid an appetizer's price for a meal really. The Southern Fried Chicken Sliders were pretty good! I loved the customizable toppings on the side and the chicken was pretty crispy and full of juicy white meat. The crab bites were really good too! Delicious little morsels of crab meat with a nice tartar sauce on the side and a lemon wedge. Yum! 

But the real highlight was this:
    
Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake and Mango Key Lime Cheesecake  
The caramel pecan turtle cheesecake was made with Pecan Brownie and Caramel-Fudge Swirl Cheesecake and topped with Caramel Turtle Pecans and Chocolate. The mango key lime cheesecake was a mango key lime cheesecake topped with Mango Mousse on a Vanilla Coconut Macaroon Crust.
The caramel pecan turtle cheesecake was really rich and decadent - definitely on the heavier side, but a great balance of the sweet caramel, nutty pecans and luscious cheesecake. The mango key lime was something I was really looking forward to since I've been obsessing about key lime and I love mango, so I thought this would be an interesting combination to try.  I loved the cheesecake portion of it, but it was the vanilla coconut macaroon crust that made it fall short of expectations for me. Still delicious cheesecake, but not very good crust. 

Overall: I love the Cheesecake Factory! They have big portions, good food, amazing cheesecakes, fast service and best of all - reasonable prices!


No comments:

Post a Comment