Saturday, 1 August 2015

John’s Chinese BBQ

We heard the BBQ pork (char siu) is really good here and we've been looking for a good Cantonese roasted meat restaurant for a while. 
20150801_155222

20150801_151948
Typical for most Chinese restaurants, we got a starter soup. 

Then they delivered their most popular dish right away:
20150801_152203
BBQ pork with rice
The char siu was really tender and sweet - I thought they used a little too much honey with their soy sauce making it a tad too sweet. However, I could see why people came back here even though it is on the expensive side. 

20150801_152539
Stir Fried Noodles with Pork
It looked really good and it was okay for the most part - nothing exceptional. 

20150801_152936
Shanghai Fried Noodles
I found this a little on the bland side after the stir fried noodles and char siu.  It just lacked a strong flavour (usually I like my Shanghai noodles with more of a meat flavour or soy sauce flavour, but I think all the vegetables kind of diluted those flavours). 

Overall: A decent experience - the service was quick and the food was okay. However, the restaurant didn't really stand out to me. 

Johns Chinese BBQ Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment