Saturday, 9 April 2016

Red Lobster @ Sheppard & Warden

I love Red Lobster, but I feel like I always overindulge on creamy, cheesy, buttery and garlicky seafood meals (and biscuits) every time I visit since I get this "Red Lobster" food-over (like hangover with heavy food) the next day.  It's like garlic-butter seafood regrets the next day (it probably doesn't help that the carb and sodium content is through the roof here either).
Anyways, I got this coupon for a free appetizer with two entree meals and I was super excited to go!
20160409_173540
Cheesy Biscuits
Sadly, not so cheddar cheesy as they used to taste (and omg the original cheddar biscuits were amazing - but a total meal in themselves).  The biscuits were warm, flaky and most importantly unlimited (if your stomach could handle it).

20160409_174536
Lobster Artichoke and Cheese Dip and Chips
Oooo this is what I mean by overindulgence of cheese and cream sauce goodness! The dip was heavily packed with cream and cheese and a few chunks of lobster - but it was exactly what I expected for a lobster artichoke and cheese dip and the chips were a little flimsy, but they served their purpose. So yummy - and yet so terrible for my health (it's totally a cholesterol-laden appetizer)

20160409_174750
Caesar Salad
The salad felt like the "healthy" dish before the garlic butter seafood feast.
I loved that they made sure that every piece of romaine lettuce had dressing (a sign of a well-tossed salad) and there was so much cheese! (throwing shavings of cheese is a little lazier than grating it - but at least this way you know they're not skimping on the cheese).

20160409_181134
Crab Linguine Alfredo
We were almost a little frightened by the sauce in this case - it literally looked like melted butter sauce (and a bit of a heart-attack waiting to happen).  The crab meat was soaked in garlic buttery goodness, but the pasta was just way too heavy for us to finish.

20160409_181137
Ultimate Feast with Walt's Favourite Shrimp, garlic shrimp, Canadian snow crab legs and Maritime lobster tail with asparagus and rice.
Snow crab and lobster tail!! Do I need to say more? The meat from the crab and the lobster was super sweet and so yummy even without the butter sauce on the side.  The Maritime lobster was a little small, but there was still so much food on the plate that I didn't really mind. So many seafood options! I was in seafood heaven with my breaded shrimp, garlic shrimp, crab legs and lobster tail.

Overall: Service was pretty fast for the most part (it's always the wait for a table that takes the longest - I guess everyone needs time to sit and digest their seafood meals) and if you're looking for a seafood chain restaurant - this is definitely the best there is.


No comments:

Post a Comment