Saturday 16 November 2019

Red Lobster

Nov 16, 2019
Endless Shrimp is back! The options are garlic shrimp, hand-breaded shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp linguine alfredo, chili shrimp and teriyaki shrimp

Garlic Shrimp and Hand-breaded shrimp with baked potato
They start off giving you double your order, which is great if you know exactly which shrimp you like.

Garlic shrimp and teriyaki shrimp
The teriyaki sauce was salty and sweet, I think I might just prefer the grilled shrimp without it. Garlic shrimp is always delicious and these were basting in garlic butter - Yum!

Chili shrimp
The breaded shrimp on this plate seemed kind of sad.

Garlic shrimp skewer and teriyaki shrimp skewer

Shrimp Linguine alfredo
The alfredo sauce tasted a little off today, but luckily the dish didn't really have a lot of alfredo sauce. 

Hand breaded shrimp 
I like the tangy cocktail sauce with the hand breaded shrimp. 

September 23, 2017
After running the Oasis 5km race at the Toronto Zoo - we decided we needed to load up on all you can eat shrimp at Red Lobster. In hindsight, this was not the best idea I had to eat tons of creamy heavy things after a 5km race. (I totally regretted it after)


Caesar salad
Coconut shrimp and Mediterranean shrimp
I loved the coconut shrimp with the pina colada sauce (the blue container). Unfortunately, after this, we didn't get any more of the pina colada sauce. The grilled shrimp were okay in comparison. The Nashville shrimp weren't that spicy. I didn't eat anywhere near the numbers I had at the Thornhill location, but I had quite a few. 

April 9, 2016
I love Red Lobster, but I feel like I always overindulge on creamy, cheesy, buttery and garlicky seafood meals (and biscuits) every time I visit since I get this "Red Lobster" food-over (like hangover with heavy food) the next day.  It's like garlic-butter seafood regrets the next day (it probably doesn't help that the carb and sodium content is through the roof here either).
Anyways, I got this coupon for a free appetizer with two entree meals and I was super excited to go!
 Cheesy Biscuits
Sadly, not so cheddar cheesy as they used to taste (and omg the original cheddar biscuits were amazing - but a total meal in themselves).  The biscuits were warm, flaky and most importantly unlimited (if your stomach could handle it).


Lobster Artichoke and Cheese Dip and Chips
Oooo this is what I mean by overindulgence of cheese and cream sauce goodness! The dip was heavily packed with cream and cheese and a few chunks of lobster - but it was exactly what I expected for a lobster artichoke and cheese dip and the chips were a little flimsy, but they served their purpose. So yummy - and yet so terrible for my health (it's totally a cholesterol-laden appetizer)


Caesar Salad
The salad felt like the "healthy" dish before the garlic butter seafood feast.
I loved that they made sure that every piece of romaine lettuce had dressing (a sign of a well-tossed salad) and there was so much cheese! (throwing shavings of cheese is a little lazier than grating it - but at least this way you know they're not skimping on the cheese).
Crab Linguine Alfredo
We were almost a little frightened by the sauce in this case - it literally looked like melted butter sauce (and a bit of a heart-attack waiting to happen).  The crab meat was soaked in garlic buttery goodness, but the pasta was just way too heavy for us to finish.


Ultimate Feast with Walt's Favourite Shrimp, garlic shrimp, Canadian snow crab legs and Maritime lobster tail with asparagus and rice.
Snow crab and lobster tail!! Do I need to say more? The meat from the crab and the lobster was super sweet and so yummy even without the butter sauce on the side.  The Maritime lobster was a little small, but there was still so much food on the plate that I didn't really mind. So many seafood options! I was in seafood heaven with my breaded shrimp, garlic shrimp, crab legs and lobster tail.

Overall: Service was pretty fast for the most part (it's always the wait for a table that takes the longest - I guess everyone needs time to sit and digest their seafood meals) and if you're looking for a seafood chain restaurant - this is definitely the best there is.


No comments:

Post a Comment