Friday 8 November 2019

Famiglia Baldassarre

Nov 8, 2019
The lineup was insane, I waited from 12:10 pm to 2:30 pm (without food) for takeout.

Tagliatelle al ragu, ravioli in rosso, ravioli in blanco and tagliatelle in blanco $13 each
Since we had to line up for about an hour for take-out, we decided to grab all the pastas and sauce combinations we could. I really liked the tagliatelle al ragu since the ragu sauce was really good and the ravioli in blanco since the butter really brought out the flavour from the spinach and cheese ravioli. The sugo sauce with ravioli was good too, but I thought it covered some of the flavour from the spinach and cheese filling. The tagliatelle in blanco was nice, but it seemed like it needed an extra punch of flavour that the butter sauce couldn't help with.

1kg Lasagna (baked at home) $22
We baked the lasagna a few days later. It was okay, but I wonder if it would have tasted better if we baked it the day of (since it was made with fresh pasta). 

Nov 9, 2018
When I saw the Blogto article on Famiglia Baldassarre, I started planning my trip to check it out on my next day off (since they're only open from noon to 2pm Tuesdays to Fridays). 
You can tell where the place is by the huge lineup outside the door. 

 
Turns out it's because they have about 5 tables, but a lot of people do take-out (so there's a bit of a wait)

I had a pistachio gelato bar from Bar Ape as I was waiting for my food. It was okay, I didn't really enjoy the white chocolate part of it. 

Fior di Latte and Crudo (Parma D.O.P.)
The crudo was really good. I wasn't as big a fan of the mozzarella because usually I like my cheese firm or melted. 

Tagliatelle al ragu (meat sauce), ravioli in bianco and ravioli in rosso (red sugo sauce)
Fresh pasta does make a lot of difference in the taste and texture of the food. I really liked the tagliatelle in meat sauce and the ravioli with spinach and ricotta in white sauce (butter and reggiano). The sauces were clean simple flavours that enhanced the pasta. I thought the rosso sauce was a little too strong for the spinach and ricotta ravioli. 
Great food, the lineups were still crazy (I hope they go away in a few more months or so), but it was worth it for the pasta. I would go around 1pm after the first rush of customers to buy their pasta (eat in or take out).

Website: http://famigliabaldassarre.com/#home

No comments:

Post a Comment