Friday 23 June 2017

Xtreme Taste

June 23, 2017
After eating at Eat A Pita, I wanted to go back to Xtreme Taste to do a bit of a comparison. So I took my coworker here for the $5 salad box. 
Clearly I'm a creature of habit because without consulting my blog, I got the exact same thing as I got two years ago. Chicken breast with fattoush, potato and macaroni salad. Still as good as it was before - I think they have more flavourful and tasty salads than next door. 

May 1, 2015
Chicken with hot sauce, tahini, fattoush salad, macaroni salad and chickpea salad $5
Delicious and great value for money as usual! A pretty well balanced meal with the salads and the meat and it's really tasty.


July 9, 2014
I was looking for lunch options near the Yonge and Bloor area, when I found Xtreme Taste on Yelp! 
The reviews all said that the food was super cheap and healthy, so I knew I had to give it a try. 
 
It's a really small place: pure take-out food and yet so crazy busy! It was only when I got inside that I saw the two ladies working the counter with the food. I would totally wait in line again for the $5 meals!
Chicken with 3 salads: chickpea, macaroni and potato $5
It's not a huge amount of food, but it's a pretty cheap option especially near the Yorkville area!
It's pretty healthy too since you can choose your options. 
I got the chickpea, macaroni and potato salads because everyone else in front of me was getting them. 
I really liked the chickpea and macaroni salad - very tasty, but the potato salad felt a little bland to me (until I ate like 4 huge coriander leaves). 
The chicken was pretty hearty and it was so much better with tahini and hot sauce! It's like the flavours just popped out more. 

Overall: A super cheap and healthy lunch option in Yorkville, no wonder there's always a line up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment