Thursday 22 December 2016

Upper Deck by Fran's

Fran's is a popular diner style restaurant chain in Toronto and they recently renovated their upstairs space into a brand restaurant area: the Upper Deck. 
Really cool decor!

They had some really interesting shareable plates/appetizers
Fried Ravioli and Chicken and Fries with gravy
The fried ravioli was different - I'm not sure I really liked it. The fries were okay, but they didn't really work with the chicken and the green onions and gravy were strange. 

 
Chicken and Waffles
I split this order with my friend and they were nice enough to split the order into two plates as well! 
The waffles were pretty good, but the chicken was a little strange - instead of a crispy fried chicken skin, it was a battered chicken outer layer? The syrup was okay, but it didn't really work for me. 

Overall: Interesting experience - it's a lovely new space and I think they're still working out the menu. Hopefully, they sort it out soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment