Wednesday 18 December 2019

Drom Taberna


Borscht
I thought borscht was just vegetable soup, but I didn't realize it was a Ukrainian beet soup with sour cream, dill and rye bread. It has a few things I don't generally like: beets, sour cream and dill. However, it ended up being not too bad when combined altogether since the beets were sweet and the soup was pretty tasty. I still couldn't get used to the sour cream in the soup though. 

Adjapsandali - Georgian eggplant ratatouille with blue fenugreek, calendula petals, potato, chili and green and red peppers with bread
This ratatouille dish was really good; I've never tried Georgian food before, so this was a pretty good introduction. The spices were well done and the dish was tasty. The vegetables paired really well with the fennel bread. This was my favourite dish of the night.

Lamb belly skewers with cilantro and narsharab (Azeri pomegranate sauce)
The lamb was cooked well since it wasn't too gamey. The sauce was delicious and the flatbread went well with it. 

Website: https://www.dromtaberna.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment