Friday 6 March 2020

Le Gourmand

Mar 6, 2020
Cheesecake slice $4.95
The cheesecake was light and fluffy with a delicious vanilla flavour. It is definitely better than Japanese souffle cheesecake in my opinion, but I still like New York Style Cheesecake better.

Almond Tart $5.25
The almond tart was kind of over-baked today. The crust was super hard and the inside almond paste filling was pretty hard too.

Jan 3, 2020


Clockwise from top right: Chocolate lava bomb, brownie, molten lava cake and almond financier
 The brownie was delicious. It was dense, but kind of fluffy at the same time and it wasn't too sweet. It was even more amazing heated up in the microwave. The souffle was good when I reheated it with a nice crispy outside and gooey inside (same with the chocolate lava bomb). I think I prefer the souffle with it's crispy edges over the lava bomb. The almond financier was good by itself and it was quite a big portion. 
Of all the items I got, my favourite was definitely the brownie. It was heavenly when warmed up.


Nov 21, 2019
Lemon Bousset
The pastry was so good. Non-lemon lovers beware, it's very lemony.

Sept 4, 2019
Blogto ranked Le Gourmand's cookies as the best cookies in Toronto. I had to try it and see if it was true.
Chocolate chip cookie $3.35
The cookie was really good with lots of melted chocolate chips and a soft center. It was a big cookie, but it was still kind of pricey for a cookie.

Almond Tart $5.25
The tart was REALLY good. The cookie crust was perfect and the inside was filled with a delicious almond paste. I will definitely be back to try their other tarts and sweets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment